I thought it was about time to post an update on the wheelchair lift project. I built a frame of 2 by 8's around it. They keep it from rotating slightly when it is all the way to the top. I then added some 2 by 4's to fasten the sheet rock to.
Next I added steel doors at each entrance. I will be adding door switches so that the lift will not move if any of the doors are open. Those switches are needed soon so people will not be looking up when I drop something like a hammer. The back door on the lift still has not been installed so it is sitting there to the right. The downstairs door was open in the picture so you can see the coffee house in the background. I will have to chop that stair off on the left so that the door will open up all the way.
And this is what it looks like when all of the doors are shut. I still need to install the light switch and the lift controller to the left of the doorway.