Thursday, April 9, 2015

Refurbishing Projectors for Africa.

I spent a weekend fixing seven Dell 2300MP Projectors.  In every projector the power supply was not working.  I replaced the same capacitor in all seven projectors.  The problem part is a 22uF at 50 volt cap.  I replaced it with a 22uF at 63 volt cap.  Out of the seven projectors changing the capacitor fixed five of them.  One power supply had some burnt parts and a burnt circuit board.

This is what my closet looks like.  The 2300MP projector are on the right.

Here is a picture of how to bend the leads on the capacitor.

This picture shows where the capacitor goes.  It is not yet soldered in the picture.

 Here is a picture of a pile of projectors, I worked on them three or four at a time.

I had to glue some of the power supply support posts in place.  The projectors had all been dropped, likely in shipping, and the support posts that hold them together were loose.
Post a Comment