Thursday, December 9, 2021

Chevy Aveo Headlight Wiring Burning Up Issue

 My daughter said that one of her headlight was rather dim.  When I opened the hood I immediatly smelled the burnt electrical smell.  I looked at the dim headlight and the ground connector was burned off.  I attempted to cobble the bad headlight connector.  Then when I tested it the other headlight went out.  It had the exact same issue.  

Burnt Aveo Headlight Connector

Burnt Aveo Headlight Connector

The fix is at auto zone,  For 13.99 you get two headlight socket replacement connectors with short wires attached.  The repair kit is Dorman 84790 and it includes two sockets.
Headlight Socket Repair Kit

This is the left passenger side headlight repaired.  You will need to also purchase 6 red crimp connectors.

This is the right, drivers side headlight.  The fill tube for the wipers can be removed to give more room to work.
Repaired Aveo Headlight connector





No comments: