Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Attempting to get off Synthroid

After taking supplements for over a year, I was still struggling with the problem that synthroid was not working anymore.  First I added 'Thyroid activator' then 'iodoral' but it still was not cutting it.  Then I had a conversation with another former synthroid taker (I meet a lot of them - most just quit taking it).  She commented that she ached all over while on synthroid.  I suddenly realized that was exactly my problem so I needed to make another effort to get off the synthroid.

This time I turned to eBay.  Believe it or not there is raw thyroid (equivalent to armor thyroid) available on eBay at 50 mg and 200 mg doses depending on the company.  The 50 mg variety has 300 mg of Kelp and sells for around $16.  What a deal, we will see how it works....

FOLLOW UP - I am still taking synthroid.  I can't stop taking it without turning blue and shutting down....

1 comment:

Dolly Jackson said...

Desiccated porcine thyroid supplements are an all-natural thyroid supplement that works with your body’s own systems to help the thyroid produce the right amount of hormone for your everyday needs. If you want your thyroid gland functioning in top condition, porcine tablets or capsules can help.