Monday, August 30, 2010

Camping at Allegany State Park

We just got back from camping at Allegany State Park.  The blue roof on the main building was just underlayment for a slate roof.


I spotted a beautiful lady on the covered bridge.  Actually I tried to take a picture of both of us using the cameras timer but I could not get there fast enough.....

We got up early and took several pictures as the sun was just rising. 

The deer sometimes like to hang out in the middle of the road.

This is two fawns hanging out in the road.

Here is a fawn along the side of the road.

Sunset, with a canoe paddling along the center right side.

A deer stops to look at me.

Can you spot the deer in this picture?  There are four of them.  They can really blend in at times.

The stone tower.  Its really not very tall.

The view from the top of the stone tower.

Our little cabin for the weekend.

2 comments:

msacco said...

Hey, I'm from Long Island and thinking of renting a cabin. HOw were they and would you do it again?
thanks,
Mike

Bob Davis said...

The cabins are very rustic, the cheaper ones do not have water or bathrooms. There are bathrooms a short walk away. But I would do it again!