Sunday, July 14, 2013

Gateway MS2274 Power Button Repair

I recently had a Gateway MS2274 laptop come in for repairs.  It was totally dead.  The hinges were in rough shape and some screws were missing.  The power cord had broken and was taped together in two spots.  I searched around and found another adapter but the laptop was still dead.  I started taking it apart and when I located where to power button plugs in I jumpered my screwdriver across it.  The laptop powered on and worked!  So I went on eBay and purchased a replacement.

To disassemble it there is a screw hidden on the backside of the screen hinge as well as two screws inside of the battery compartment. 

Here is the removed power switch, actually just the cord to it was bad.
Here is where the power switch is located.  You have to remove the piece above the keyboard as well as some screen screws to get to it.
 This is another picture of the power switch, it is hard to get it back together.
 Here is the screw that is hidden on the back side of the hinge. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. Had a laptop w ith the same problem.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. Had the same problem.