Monday, December 23, 2019

Panasonic AG-HVX200 Recorder with DigitNow! P2 Card Alternative

I purchased a DigitNow! Video Capture Device to use as a P2 card alternative.  It works at 720P with a Panasonic AG-HVX200 Camera. You have to select the input every time you turn it on.  It has built in RCA jacks that makes connection it to the camera easier and more reliable.  It also has a wired remote "Record" Button.  It costs about the same as a Panasonic P2 card but can work with any USB memory stick.

Here is the video recorded on the DigitNow! recorder.


Here are front and back views of the DigitNow! video recorder.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Bob! I just got an hvx200 and am looking for a P2 card/mini DV alternative for this camera. I bought the camera because I absolutely love the 3ccd sensor and I feel like this camera makes the most amazing picture ive ever seen.

Do you lose any of that hvx200 magic when you use an external recorder? Also, Do you think having a recorder attached to my camera would make it too cumbersome for filming skateboarding and action/sports in general?

Thanks -Pat

Bob Davis said...

I get the same beautiful picture with the external recorder, but it can be a nuisence to have the connector plugged into the side of the camera for the recorder.