Saturday, February 3, 2024

The Capacitor Disaster is back!

 About 20 years ago the market was flooded with faulty capacitors.  This is happening once again.  Three times within one week I had to fix things with bad capacitors.

The first one is a ONN Roku TV model 100012589.  The symptom was that ths screen goes blank but the sound keeps working.  When I removed the cover I could see the bulging leaking capacitors.


The next one is a internet repater.  It worked great for about 6 months then the power light became dim and it emitted a buzzing sound. I used two capacitors to fix this in the hopes that it would last longer this time.



The third one was a 5 volt power supply AC adapter.  I did not take any pictures.  Is anyone else seeing thes bad capacitors all too commonly once again?



No comments: